RICHMOND, Va., Sept. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion Virginia Power has introduced a new online interactive outage map that provides more streamlined, detailed information to enable customers to quickly report and accurately track power outages and restoration.
"Next to energy, the most important thing we can provide to customers is information," said Becky Merritt, vice president of Customer Service. "This new outage map provides greater access to the information customers need to help us restore their power quickly in the event of an outage. It also provides information to help manage their lives and reduce the inconvenience."
New features include:
- mobile compatibility for most smartphones and tablets;
- new icons that indicate the number and general locations of work requests;
- customized views with street-level or satellite imagery and live weather radar;
- improved search options, including searching by landmarks or road intersections;
- faster updates— information refreshes every 15 minutes;
- option to bookmark multiple outage locations to follow restoration progress; and
- better tracking of a specific outage through the outage reporting system.
Customers can view a quick "how to" video at https://youtu.be/MnVjAwNKMNM and bookmark their address and any other locations for future reference. The outage map can be found at www.dom.com/outages.
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 24,600 megawatts of generation, 12,200 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,455 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 928 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves utility and retail energy customers in 13 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.
SOURCE Dominion Virginia Power