October 16, 2006
Dominion East Ohio wants to spotlight local community revitalization projects that have made a difference in the communities served by the company.
As part of its 12th annual Community Impact Awards competition, the company will award a total of $100,000 in unrestricted grants for winning projects.
The program, sponsored by Dominion and Inside Business Magazine, recognizes cities and community organizations that have made major contributions toward the economic and social revitalization of communities located in Dominion's service area in Ohio.
The entry deadline is Nov. 27, 2006. Winners will share in the $100,000 in grants from the Dominion Foundation. Entries will be judged by a cross-section of community leaders from throughout Dominion's service area. Winners will be recognized in the March 2007 issue of Inside Business Magazine. For more details and a brochure, visit www.dom.com and type "regional partnerships" in the search box.
- Projects must have been completed between July 2005 and October 2006.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization of communities in northeast Ohio.
- Projects must be located within the Dominion service area in Ohio.
- Organizations must be 501c(3), or have an eligible fiscal agent.
Submit a brief summary — no more than three typewritten pages — of the project. Attach a copy of the 501c(3) with entry. Support materials, such as photos, press clippings or literature that represents the project can also be included. Submit all material in a three-ring binder. The following judging criteria must be used for the summary:
- Give a brief description/history of the community or organization.
- Describe the project completed by the community or organization to promote economic and/or social revitalization. Include objectives, benefits, impact and measurable results and community interests/involvement. Include both quantitative and qualitative results.
- To what extent did the project generate positive change and growth within its targeted area?
- How many people were affected or served by this project?
- How will the results of this project encourage and promote future development and revitalization?
- Community impact: What effect has the project had in terms of jobs, spending and taxes?
On the summary, include a contact name, title, phone number, e-mail address and complete mailing address. Submit to: Community Impact Awards, Dominion, 1201 East 55 Street, Cleveland, OH 44103.
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers of energy, with an energy portfolio of about 28,000 megawatts of generation. Dominion also serves retail energy customers in 11 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's Web site at www.dom.com.
# # #