RICHMOND, Va., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion (NYSE: D) announced today a number of executive changes.
Effective Feb. 1, 2013:
- Margaret E. "Lyn" McDermid will retire as senior vice president and Chief Information Officer after a career of more than 30 years with the company. Upon leaving Dominion, McDermid will become Chief Information Officer for the Federal Reserve System.
Effective Jan. 1, 2013:
- Steven A. Rogers, currently president of Dominion Resources Services and Chief Administrative Officer, will succeed McDermid as senior vice president and Chief Information Officer. In recognition of the increasing importance of information security, this position will report directly to Dominion Chairman, President and CEO Thomas F. Farrell II. McDermid will continue to report to Rogers until her retirement to assist with the transition.
- Carter M. Reid, currently vice president, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, will be promoted to senior vice president-Administrative Services and Corporate Secretary. In addition to assuming responsibility for human resources and shared services, Reid will retain her responsibilities as corporate secretary and will continue to report to Farrell.
- Mark O. Webb will be promoted to vice president and General Counsel from his current position as deputy general counsel-Electric Regulation, Litigation & Environment. He will report to Robert M. Blue, senior vice president-Law, Public Policy & Environment, and will be responsible for management of the Law Department.
- Christine M. Schwab, currently vice president-Regulatory Compliance and Chief Risk Officer, will become vice president, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer. She will continue to report to Mark F. McGettrick, executive vice president and Chief Financial Officer, for her corporate risk responsibilities. In her new role being responsible for the company's Ethics and Compliance program, Schwab will report to Blue.
In acknowledging McDermid's contributions to Dominion, Farrell said: "Lyn consistently has shown herself to be an inspiring, caring and committed leader as well as a wise counsel. Her accomplishments in industry and community organizations are equally impressive. She is universally respected for all that she has done. We have been extremely fortunate to have Lyn as part of our organization. We wish her all the best as she moves into a critical role serving the interests of our nation. Dominion's loss is the country's gain."
McDermid joined what is now Dominion Virginia Power in 1982. After holding various positions in the Engineering & Construction Department, she was named director-Administrative Services in 1986. She was promoted to vice president-Information Technology and chief information officer in 1998, and was named to her current position in 2001. Her involvement in community and industry organizations includes serving as chair of the boards of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and RichTech (formerly the Greater Richmond Technology Council), and chair of the board of trustees of Mary Baldwin College.
"The new assignments and leadership structure highlight our continued focus on Dominion's core values of safety, ethics, excellence and teamwork," Farrell said. "These are all highly capable and talented individuals who bring a shared commitment to help our company become better every day in everything we do."
Biographies of McDermid, Rogers, Reid, Webb and Schwab are available on the company's Web site, www.dom.com.
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 24,700 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,300 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates 947 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.
For further information: Media: Chet Wade, +1-804-775-5697, email@example.com, or Analysts: Nathan Frost,+1-804-819-2187, firstname.lastname@example.org